Wednesday, October 17, 2007

expanding

The past several weeks have been full. I've been asking other IV staff folk when I can expect the pace to slow down and they just laugh. Reality is that there will always be too many things to do and not enough time to do them, so I get to learn how to discern where God would have me focus my energy on a daily basis! Not an easy lesson for a recovering people pleaser who cringes at the thought of having to say "no". Differentiating between what is good and what is best has never been my strong suit!

The weight of the job that I have taken on feels heavy right now. I have been reminded of the truth in Psalm 127:1 - Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain (NRSV). I want to build this ministry with Him, rather than relying on my own ideas and vision.

Praise God with me for:

  • Cat - a freshman student who has been hanging out with us and has a lot of leadership potential
  • One Voice student leaders excitement about bringing their cynical friends one step closer to Jesus

Prayer requests:

  • clarity for the One Voice student leaders and myself as we seek God's guidance regarding how to best use our time and energy resources for the remainder of the semester
  • wisdom as I learn how to disciple individual students
  • grace to make the choice to spend time in prayer as a team, even when our instincts tell us to rush forward and "do" tasks

No comments: