Thursday, February 5, 2009

light



In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all people. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

John 1:1-5 TNIV


Urbana is still several months away, but in preparation for my role as part of the Scripture teaching team I am trying to spend as much time in the first four chapters of John's Gospel between now and December 27. I decided that I will meditate on the same 4-5 verses for a week and then move on to the next section. My roommate and I did that together this morning in an attempt to practice spiritual discipline in community. It was so encouraging and I am looking forward to more as we continue.

I was struck by the truth that the beginning of each of our stories is not the actual beginning. God is the beginning. That gives me a lot of hope!

No comments: