Friday, June 24, 2011

Oregon Trail

New campus. New city. New friends and co-workers. Newlyweds.

New is pretty much the word to described most of my life for the next six months.

Some of you might be wondering what's going to be different about my IV staff role at Oregon State. Allow we to attempt to fill you in on some of what I am anticipating.

The major difference is that I'll be working on a campus staff team.

Dawn and Michael, two of my new teammates, are getting married in August. Ben and I comprise the other 50% of our team and we're getting married in November. Two newly married couples trying to figure out how to work with each other and as a team? That's a lot of new relational and team dynamics to tackle at once. We need your prayers!


Michael + Dawn



Ben + me

It's going to be a completely different experience working more closely with other staff. I'm looking forward to that! I also expect that it will be a challenging adjustment after four years of flying solo in a replanting/planting ministry context.

With that in mind I'm grateful that Birch, my new supervisor, wants to give me space in the Fall to get to know Oregon State and continue to test out my planting abilities. I'll get to invest in the student leaders of the off-campus Bible study (all of the other Bible studies are in the dorms) and help them figure out how to reach out to their friends and neighbors in their classes, clubs and apartment complexes.

I have also been praying for open doors into the Black and Latino student communities at OSU. I am looking forward to discovering where God is at work on my new campus! I am also looking forward to the continuing development of my planting skills/experience even in the midst of an established IV chapter. That feels like a really good fit for my gifts!


OSU students at Winter Conference in February


The Oregon staff team = my new co-workers

No comments: