Thursday, May 1, 2008

new life

...it's just like you to bring light into darkness / it's just like you / lord, it's just like you / it's just like you to bring beauty to ashes / it's just like you / lord, it's just like you...

Spring has arrived in St. Louis and it is a stunning sight to behold. There is something incredible about seeing new life in full bloom: God's story of resurrection on full display.

Wednesdays are typically my Sabbath - a time for rest and extended time in prayer and Scripture. I find myself returning to the Missouri Botanical Garden again and again - such a different environment from Wash U's campus and truly a place where I connect with the One in whom I live and move and have my being.

Here's a sample of what I observed during a recent visit.






As this academic year comes to a close, I am clinging to the promises of God for the students I've met this year who have yet to experience new life in Jesus. Our God is might to save and I am choosing to have faith that resurrection is possible in their lives.

I am praying, speaking, and walking with hope because the Spirit of God can cause skeptical hearts to become curious.

No comments: