Thursday, September 11, 2008

one mountain behind me, one up ahead

New Student Outreach has wrapped up more or less. We've got a good group of new freshmen who are connected with One Voice and they had their first small group Bible study last night. I so excited! I am also extremely tired from late night activities on campus, baking up a storm (homemade cookies are a great way to meet new students!), and pushing myself to be as extroverted as possible!

Even as the busiest part of the school year comes to a close there is a big change on the horizon. It's official: I will spend the next seven weeks off campus raising the rest of my budget for this year. The hope is that I will be able to be on campus full-time by the beginning of November. It's a high cost. I've met so many students over the past three weeks of NSO that I am anxious to invest in, but the reality is that my ministry on campus will be severely hindered in the long run if I have not kept up with this part of the work that God has called me into for this season. So far I have raised 41% of my budget for the 2008 fiscal year. I covet your prayers as I work diligently in the coming weeks and trust God to provide. He continues to prove just how faithful he is!



Leaders from One Voice, Harambee, and Asian Christian Fellowship track God's mission throughout Scripture during our undergrad leader retreat two weeks ago.



We packed a lot of material into our 12 hour retreat,
so we ended the day with some fun!

No comments: