Thursday, January 28, 2010

leads


I feel like a detective these days. If you were to ask me how I've been spending my time on campus I would respond, "I'm following leads."

It's all rather exhilarating. I meet a potentially missional Christian or a leader from a community that we want to intentionally engage with and then I get to scope them out. It takes energy and some serious intentionality, but I find myself excited about where it could lead and confident that Jesus already knows the people he's drawing together.

One of those potential people is a student named Jamie. At Urbana she committed to leading a GIG using John 1-4 with some of her non-Christian friends on campus. I'm meeting up with her tomorrow to chat about her Urbana experience and to ask if she'd like me to co-lead her GIG. Partnership and risk-taking with a potential student leader? Sounds like fun!

No comments: