Monday, February 1, 2010

lost

I am a fan of the show Lost. Tomorrow night is the premiere of the show's sixth and final season. As I was coming up with a list of creative ways to gather students on campus and maybe meet some new ones, hosting a Lost premiere party was at the top of my list. A couple of One Voice students, who shall remain nameless, were not sold on the idea and one even said, albeit in a somewhat jocular manner, "No one is going to come to your party because no one here likes that show. It's soooooo dumb!"

Remaining undeterred in the face of criticism is something I am getting better at and so I ignored the dissenting views.

Fast forward to this past Friday. As one of the One Voice seniors and I are visiting freshmen and bringing them homemade chocolate chip cookies we intentionally go to meet a student who has been emailing us and trying to get connected with our fellowship. As we talked about the coming week she mentions apologetically that she will not be able to come to our prayer gathering on Tuesday night because several of her friends from the dorm are planning on watching the Lost premiere together. The timing was impeccable.

"Hey! That's what we were planning on doing, too! Could we bring our premiere party to your dorm?" I asked.

She agreed and so that is what we will be up to on Tuesday night.

Now that was a fun lead to follow.

2 comments:

J. Ben said...

um, don't you mean "Flash Forward" to last friday.

GAH!! LOST is tomorrow!

I hope your party is awesome.

Andrea said...

You are correct. I fixed it. Do you do any freelance editing? ;)