Friday, October 1, 2010

do you know him?



At 7 PM this evening over 170 students from schools in St. Louis and Columbia, MO will descend on Potosi, MO for Fall Conference 2010. We're asking the question, "Do You Know Him?" as the theme of the conference. Pray that many students would indeed be able to say that they know Jesus in a new way because of our time together this weekend.

I will be leading the group through an inductive Bible study in John 9 on Saturday morning. It's a powerful passage and I am excited for the way that God wants to use it to empower us to be His witnesses even when it's costly. I would appreciate your prayers for clarity and the ability to discern how the Spirit is at work in the room as I lead. I am so excited for what God wants to do!

This is my 9th InterVarsity Fall Conference. One October weekend in 2000 I decided to commit to following Jesus at a Fall Conference in Arizona. Ten years later I am convinced that it was the best decision I've ever made! As our staff team has been making final preparations for this weekend I have been marveling at what a privilege it is to be a part of a movement that is continuing to invite students to follow Jesus.

I'm ready for a great weekend!

No comments: