Friday, August 14, 2009

dependence and hospitality



Yesterday was our first meeting of the new school year as the Missouri Area Team. We studied Luke 9:1-16 and as the themes of dependence on Jesus and those we serve, coupled with radical hospitality emerged I felt so much hope welling up inside of myself. The past couple of years have been a journey of learning deep dependence on Jesus - it's definitely not over, but some really good work has taken place. In the midst of that work I've also discovered that one of my gifts is hospitality: making space in my life and heart for new relationships. During our reflection time after the study I spent time thanking Jesus for the way he's been transforming my life and ministry in the time since I moved to St. Louis and I asked how he wanted to use this particular passage to shape ministry on campus in the coming year.

"Get ready!" he said.

My sense is that Jesus is going to show up in incredible ways as we order our lives and our fellowship around dependence and hospitality this year.

No comments: