Monday, August 3, 2009

soar


Taking flight: my favorite mural in the Roosevelt Arts District in Phoenix

It is good to be back in St. Louis after three wonderful weeks in sunny Arizona. I am getting settled into my new home and continuing to reflect on the goodness of God in the midst of a loss that is propelling me into a new year of ministry on Wash U's campus.

If you had asked me in June how I felt about the fall semester I probably would have told you that I didn't have the emotional capacity to even think about it, but such is not the case at the beginning of August. I believe that God has incredibly good things in store as I lead students to engage with His mission. I believe that the new life He wants to bring on our campus is going to be overwhelm us in the best possible way. I believe that He knows what He is doing.

I've been seeing a counselor since January and today she paid me the highest compliment. "Andrea," she said, "You make me love Jesus more. The best part about it is that you're not even trying to get that kind of response, but you're so transparent that it just happens as I get to hear about the way you are letting him transform you. Thank you for letting me be a part of it."

I am treasuring those words and asking Jesus to make transparency a mark of my ministry this year.

No comments: