Monday, February 22, 2010

restoration

March is just around the corner and with it comes the arrival of something in addition to spring: the CityLights St. Louis Urban Project.

I love getting to tell students the story of my first CityLights experience and how God used it to further my desire to learn what it means to seek justice and to love mercy. That was eight years ago! This year I'm particularly excited because we have at least one non-Christian signed up for join us for the week and I am working on recruiting a few more participants in the next week or so.

The strength of the CityLights experience is that students get to live and serve in community, living out the Gospel in an urban context even as they are invited to dream about what it means to follow Jesus in their neighborhoods on campus. It's a breeding ground for catalytic moments and transformation.

I'm really excited to see how God uses the project this March to further the work that He's doing in the lives of the students who will be participating. It's going to be a wonderfully challenging week!


No comments: