Monday, February 22, 2010

springing up



Isaiah 43:19 continues to come to mind as I consider what God is doing in my life and on campus this season:

See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.

My emergence from a period of trial by fire and by flood has resulted in a kind of freedom that I did not imagine possible. I feel free to embrace my identity as a dearly beloved child of God. I feel free to fully invest my heart and my energy into replanting One Voice. I feel free to hope and pray towards its future as a thriving conversion community at Wash U. I feel free to run with the Spirit's leading.

What's a girl to do with all of this freedom?

I find myself giving thanks. I know that what I am experiencing is the direct result of the healing that Jesus has been doing in my life and in my ministry over the past couple of years. As I read through my old journal entries I find that many of my words form a collective crying out to be healed. So, it would appear, this freedom is no accident. It is an answer to prayer. My response is to thank my Healer.

I walk on campus these days aware that I am experiencing the goodness of God. There are many at Wash U who have yet to experience such authentic goodness. There are many who have yet to hear of Him. I get to partner with my students to make Him known.

This sounds like the beginning of a great story.

No comments: