Tuesday, February 22, 2011

GIGapalooza



GIGs are the buzz around these parts. What's a GIG? I am oh-so-glad you asked.

A GIG is essentially a small group for folks who are curious about Jesus. We invite our curious friends to look at a story about Jesus from Scripture, we ask our questions in a safe environment, and we apply what we're discovering.

This past Sunday evening our second all MOmentum training was all about GIGs. We were challenged to set up a GIG with at least one friend within 48 hours.

Damion, one of my WUCF students, approached me after the group was dismissed. "I don't think I can do this," he said.

"Yes, you can, Damion. We're going to lead a GIG together and we're going to invite people together," I replied.

Pray that our friends on campus meet Jesus in a powerful way as they encounter him in Scripture.

2 comments:

Mr. Mcgranor said...

Sounds good. Do you all have King James versions?

Andrea said...

A GIG study can use any translation of Scripture - I tend to prefer TNIV or NRSV for language accessibility, especially since we're working with students who have little to no experience with the Bible.