Tuesday, February 1, 2011

MOmentum

This semester our staff team has launched an area-wide evangelism training for students on our campuses across Missouri: MOmentum. Clever, right?

We've been growing in excitement for how God is going to use our times together to equip us all to grow as more effective witnesses on campus. Participation in MOmentum is by invitation only and given that Wash U Christian Fellowship is still in the early stages of a chapter plant I really struggled with whether or not I should even invite the students I connected with during the Fall to be a part of it. After some encouragement from my wise supervisor I invited 6 students to attend the first MOmentum gathering on January 23, in order to give them a taste of MOmentum. Much to my amazement 5 of them decided to attend and they loved it!

I'm still in the midst of follow-up conversations with them to determine who is ready to commit to MOmentum for the semester, but at least 3 of the 5 have told me that they want in.


Kale helped us learn new ways to point to Jesus without
using 'Christianese' words and phrases during our first MOmentum.

No comments: