Tuesday, September 27, 2011

homecoming



I am embracing my new state. We're a good match for each other.

Moving across the country and getting settled in Oregon has been a really good experience. While there have been some bumps and hiccoughs along the way - not surprising - when I think back over the last month+ since I arrived in Corvallis, I feel so grateful for how quickly my new city and campus are feeling like home.

I'm living with a ridiculously hospitable couple in a gorgeous house north of town. Ben met them when he served as a guest worship leader at their church. When he mentioned that we were looking for a place for me to live until our wedding, they immediately offered their home. Talk about hosting strangers! I am enjoying getting to know them and I appreciate how graciously they've welcomed me into their home and how willing they are to let me host gatherings of staff and student in their space.

Corvallis is a small college town, which has made finding my way around fairly simple. I love that I can walk or take the free bus to many locations - saving gas money is the best! I love discovering local businesses and restaurants. I love dreaming up ways to spruce up the apartment where Ben is currently living and where I get to live, too, after November 12!

God's been really good to me. As Ben and I made the decision about our location for the next couple of years I had a strong sense that God was inviting us to experience redemption in new ways. This led us to feel free to settle where we most wanted to be: Corvallis. While I had a lot of anxiety before the move, I am so glad we chose to be here.

It's a great fit so far.