Tuesday, September 27, 2011

meet the team



Michael and Dawn DeGarmo - our fabulous staff partners at OSU

Joining a new staff team is a big deal.

My staff friends in St. Louis lived within a ten-minute drive from each other. This is not true of my Oregon staff team. We're spread out from Portland to Eugene. I knew this reality would be a big change for me.

Getting to work on a team of four at OSU has made all the difference. Ben and I get to work with another couple as we figure out how to do campus ministry together. I really appreciate the partnership that we have with Dawn and Michael. They are both gifted leaders and the students love them! They are responsible for all of the leaders who are hosting Bible studies in four of the residence halls at OSU.

I can't wait to see the fruit of their leadership as the year continues.



Most of the Oregon Staff Team at Dawn and Michael's wedding in August

While I get to interact with Dawn and Michael regularly, I am also enjoying getting to know the rest of the IV staff team in Oregon. We spent three days together at the beginning of September and I quickly felt like I fit in. What a good gift!

I am excited to partner with my new staff team in increasing ways as the school year progresses.

No comments: